Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School
Friday, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day Holiday - No School
In observance of Memorial Day, all PALCS offices will be closed on Monday, May 27. No Homework Help will be held Sunday, May 26 or Monday, May 27. Best wishes for a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend.
ISP Reimbursement Information
For everyone who has turned in ISP paperwork, reimbursement checks for September through December of 2012 will begin to be processed on Monday, June 3. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Roberts.
*New* PALCS Connect Sessions Summer 2013
Join PALCS teachers and staff for summer fun! PALCS is excited to offer fun and free “field trips” for PALCS families and other interested families who want to learn more about the school. Space is limited. Don’t wait to RSVP. Events will be closed once maximum capacity is reached. Click here to register, and tell a friend!
May PALCS Links
Click here to read the May issue of our newsletter, PALCS Links.
By the end of this month (May) we will be mailing each of you a UPS label which you are to use to return your books as soon as you are completed all of your course work.
With this UPS label you will also be receiving (1) a listing of what you must return and (2) instructions on when, how and why you should return it. Please pay close attention to these instructions, the due date for the return and do not be late!
Thank you for your attention to this end-of-the-year project!
- Extended Year Program (EYP): If you are enrolled, or become enrolled in the Extended Year Program (EYP) please use your UPS label to send back all of the books you will not need for this program. Another label will be sent to you for the return of any books you keep for Summer classes once they are completed.
- Special Message for Graduating Seniors: Earlier this month you were contacted concerning your materials return - computer equipment included. If you have not yet replied to that Moodle Mail or phone call, or have not otherwise worked out the details of this important step in your graduation process, please do so immediately.
2013-2014 Returning Student Survey
Parents - Please take a moment to fill out our annual Returning Student Survey to indicate your PALCS enrollment intentions for the 2013-2014 school year. We kindly request that, regardless of your future plans, you fill out the survey by clicking HERE.
Tell us how we did!
At PALCS, we value your feedback. As we near the end of our 2012-2013 school year, the PALCS Team would like to extend the opportunity for you to tell us how we did. We're always looking at ways to make the PALCS learning experience better for you, so please take a few moments and fill out the following survey by clicking here.
Students in LA 4.1 and 5.1 are excited to share the last 2012-2013 issue of the elementary school newspaper, PALCS Press! If you are interested in learning more about Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day & Father's Day, planting a garden, summer activities and more, click here. Enjoy the last issue and have a wonderful summer!
PALCS t-shirts are now available online! The t-shirt was designed by junior student Meagan Lininger. T-shirts will be sold online for $25 and at the eastern (West Chester) end-of-school picnic for $15 while supplies last. To see the design and for more information on purchasing a t-shirt, please click here.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PALCS HEALTH SERVICES Please check your child’s PALCSmail this week for important health forms. These required health exams are grade specific, so be sure to print and write your child’s name on their specific forms. Please return completed forms and updated immunization records to PALCS Health Services by September 2, 2013.
2013-2014 New Student Registration Packet Available
Our new student registration packet is available for the 2013-2014 school year! If you have friends or family members interested in enrolling in PALCS next year, please direct them here:
http://www.palcs.org/apply-for-fall-2013/. Currently enrolled students returning next school year will receive returning student materials in the coming months.
May Scholastic Book Orders
Scholastic book catalogs for May are now available. Take a look at the catalogs by clicking here. If you would like to place an order, click "Scholastic Ordering Instructions" in the left column on the PALCS Book Club page.
This is the last Scholastic order that will be placed for the 2012-2013 school year. The May book orders are due May 24. Please place your order by noon to ensure it is processed. Thank you for your continued support and love of reading. We love seeing our students grow through books. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. M. Pfaff through Moodle message or PALCSmail. Happy Reading!
Parents - Are you looking for a way to connect from the comfort of your own home?
We're excited to introduce you to a new wave of connection at PALCS. You may have started to see our announcements popping up on the front page of Moodle, as we gear up to take our opportunities for connection to a whole new level. Our original intention was to launch the new mind set for connection/activities (entitled The PALCS Network) in September 2013. But, after the overwhelming number of responses, we've started to ask ourselves - why wait? Click here for more information, and to join the conversation!
Marking Period 4 Adjustments and Reminders
Students and parents should be aware of the following adjustments to Marking Period 4 deadlines, and be reminded of the following:
- Because of the technology issues we've been encountering recently, we will still keep to the Progress Checks for Marking Period 4 with the following changes:
- Progress Check #1 - still will end Tuesday, April 23. Grades will be posted on Monday, April 29. When they are posted, students will see an In Progress (IP) grade, with a numeric grade beside it. Teachers will continue to accept Progress Check #1 work until the next Progress Check on Tuesday, May 14.
- Progress Check #2 - still will end on Tuesday, May 14. Grades will be posted on Monday, May 20. When they are posted, students will see an In Progress (IP) grade, with a numeric grade beside it. Teachers will continue to accept Progress Check #2 work until the end of the quarter/school year, which is Friday, June 7.
- Graduating Seniors/Graduating Underclassmen must have all of their work submitted by Friday, May 31. Final grades are due for them on Wednesday, June 5, in order to ensure we have everything ready for graduation.
Peer Tutoring is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9-10 a.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from noon-1 p.m. Click here for more details.
Field Trips & Events
- PALCS End-of-Year Picnic (West): Please join other PALCS students, families and guests for an end-of year celebration at Riverside Park on June 7! Click here for more information and to RSVP by June 3!
- PALCS End-of-Year Picnic (East): Please join other PALCS students, families and guests for an end-of-year celebration at United Sports on June 7! Click here for more information and to RSVP by May 24!
- PALCS End-of-Year Picnic (North Central Region): Please join other PALCS students, families and guests for an end-of year celebration at DuBois Memorial Park on June 4! Click here for more information and to RSVP by May 24!